Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

They forgot me

This past Tuesday I had my annual doctor's appointment. Girls, you most likely know what this entails, and boys, I promise to spare you all the unnecessary details and you are welcome. I got off work early enough to make it to Tyler in time for my 3:45 appointment, with a little time to spare so that I could fill out the inevitable stack of paperwork they would have. Everything is good- I have checked in, filled out all my forms, and I'm thinking I will be out of there pretty quick because for once the waiting room was not super crowded... Wrong. Umm apparently they forgot me.

3:45 appointment and I did not leave the waiting room until 4:50. Now, you are probably wondering why I waited so long without saying something, so let me explain. I love my doctor dearly, and he has been my doctor for 10 years, but his customer service kind of sucks. A long wait is nothing out of the ordinary, which is why I didn't really make a big deal about it... until I realized that they had actually forgotten me. In a situation like this you have a choice: A. you can get mad, be irate and rude, pitch a fit and make everyone uncomfortable, and be unhappy or B. let it go. I went with option B. I mean, really, what good does it do to be all up in arms over a little mishap? Notta. It wasn't anyone's fault. Actually, they had been having trouble with their computer systems so I did not show up as "checked-in". No big deal, I just think it's a funny story.

But wait... wanna know the best part about the whole mix-up? Well, since no one knew I was there and waiting, my doctor went home. Yep, he was already at his house when the sweet little nurse called to tell him I was waiting. I was told that they were all to apologize profusely as per his instructions. I just laughed and told them it was fine. He stayed home and I was able to see his nurse practitioner, who I loved, so all's well that ends well!

Lesson learned from this incident? I should be a little more assertive. Probably should have thought to ask around 4:15 what the hold up was. Ehh, you live, you learn!
[1ED0242DD395DC31A8FE485DF659EF3E.png]

No comments:

Post a Comment