Dear friends, if you are looking for a new book to read (and you have ample time to sit and become lost in your reading)
I strongly recommend The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.
I strongly recommend The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton.

Little bit of info:
The Forgotten Garden is a historical fiction mystery novel, that switches between three character perspectives and time periods {early 1900's, 1970's and 2000's}. I will admit, it is a whopping 549 pages, but well worth the time spent. The mystery unfolds with impeccable timing and flow and keeps you turning the page - on several occasions I caught myself still reading at 2am! It took some thought and effort to read, probably not something I would classify as an "easy read", but like I said, it's well worth it. I will be looking for her other books next, and The House at Riverton and The Distant Hours. I have been advised that all of her work is wonderful, but The Forgotten Garden has been the favorite according to my personal book consultant, cousin Sara :) Read it if you get the chance, I loved it!

What she didn't tell you is that she had to make a chart to keep up with this book it had so many characters! My sister always goes for the complex ones!
ReplyDelete