Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Reason #9731

Reason #9731 why I love Texas A&M: the Aggie Spirit. Allow me to explain...

Today, while driving down Valley Mills (busy, main Waco street) I got that weird feeling that the people in the car next to me were staring. You know that feeling? So eventually I look over and my suspicions were confirmed- they were definitely creeping on me. But here's where the story gets better... apparently they were driving behind me at one point and must have noticed my Former Students sticker, which got them super excited. They pull up next to me and when I turn to look, they are almost plastered to their windows giving me the Gig 'Em. It was cute.

Now, I realize it is things just like this that gives A&M fans the reputation of being "brainwashed" and other derogatory comments, but I don't care; it warms my heart. I just think the Spirit of Aggieland is so neat and unique- how many other schools have that type of camaraderie? I notice other A&M stickers in Waco more often that I thought I would and it puts a smile on my face every time.

Thanks and Gig 'Em! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment