For starters, I never buy full-sized tubes of toothpaste. Never. Not exactly sure why, but I only like the travel sizes. The big tubes have more of a tendency to get gross, not the little guys! I am sure in the long run it probably costs me more but oh well.
Numero dos is less of a quirk and more of a really weird phobia. Every time I go in the grocery store I am seriously worried that I will slip and fall, feet going up and head coming down with a crack on the nasty floor. It's weird, I know. I am so worried sometimes, in fact, that I will actually change my shoes before I go if they are slick bottom shoes. I also tend to hold on to the cart kind of tight. Yep, you can say it, I know it's odd.
Three: loose, wiggly teeth. Siiiick nasty. I can handle a lot when it comes to kiddos; I have been peed on (more than once), changed diapers, cleaned up runny noses, throw up, you name it- but show me a kid with a tooth hanging on by a thread, forget about it. My first graders last year knew this about me, which was not good. First graders can be mean. They would come to me telling me it was "very important" then proceed to wiggle that nasty little loose thing. It got to the point where if I knew it was coming, I would simply put my hand up to cover their little mouth and give them the pass to head down to the art room where our lovely art teacher would pull the little sucker for them. Hope my husband doesn't mind loose teeth, Lord knows I'm not touching them.
Okay, so that's only three, but there are more. If you're lucky, this post might just have a sequel. I know I have you on the edge of your seat now. Suspense is killer :)
No comments:
Post a Comment