So I am finally telling my students that I am moving and will not be at the school next year. The 5th graders could not care less since they are moving up to middle school anyway, but the 3rd and 4th graders seem to be surprisingly bothered by it- which is kinda' sweet, actually. So anyway, today one group was asking me why I was leaving and it went a little something like this (and please note: in order to provide the full effect of the conversation, I try to get as close to word-for-word as I can, so these horrible sentences are not my own)...
Kid: Miss Steel, is you leaving to go get married?
Me: Nope, just going to a new job.
Kid: Well you should probably go get married.
Me: Why?
Kid: So you can have kids.
Me: Kids!? I'm too young to have kids.
Kid: Miss Steel, you not gonna' be young forever.
Wow, thanks for that insight, kiddo :) My babies are just enthralled with the details of my personal life, it's funny. However, I'm sure they wish their teacher was a little bit cooler, haha poor kids.
![[1ED0242DD395DC31A8FE485DF659EF3E.png]](http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1fBYOTmhMx4/SyXu9JhqojI/AAAAAAAAASs/HdWxXsOsZhA/s1600/1ED0242DD395DC31A8FE485DF659EF3E.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment