Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I will love the treadmill

30 minutes on the treadmill has reminded me why I am an elliptical kind of girl...

I enjoy running. I do. Put me outside on a gorgeous day, and I will try my very best not to whine at all. Put me inside on the treadmill and I feel like I am being punished. Maybe it's the fact that when I am running outside or even on an elliptical I have the option of stopping; nothing bad will immediately happen to me if I just stop for a few seconds. Not on the treadmill... if I stop on the treadmill, I'm a goner. So, maybe that's the problem- it's just a head game. Or maybe it's the fact that I am running but going nowhere. But then, I don't go anywhere when I am on an elliptical. 

Okay, so it's gotta' be that I am not a fan of not having choices. Step on the treadmill and I have no choice but to start moving, or there will be consequences. 

At least I seem to have figured it out. Now, if only I could just suck it up and get over it. I need a new mantra: "I will love the treadmill, I will love the treadmill"... 

Yeah, I'll be sure to let ya know how that little chant works out for me haha :) 

1 comment:

  1. You and me both sister. Whew, I will chant along with you. There's a lil' happiness in solidarity toward a common goal.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete