Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Less stress

I am a stresser. I am the girl that will almost always make a mountain out of a mole hill. It is just part of my nature and I deal with it. So, speaking of dealing with it, I came across a little article in an old Ladies Home Journal that offers 50 Quick Stress Cures. I won't regurgitate all 50, but I will share some of my faves...

Lose yourself in a good book: Find one that suits your mood of the moment and escape to another world for a few hours.

Play with your pet: It's virtually impossible to stay stressed when you're tickling your dog's belly.

Do someone a favor: It allows you to be a problem solver instead of a problem sufferer. And that, my friend, puts any stress you're feeling in perspective.

Break out the vino: Red wine is loaded with heart-healthy antioxidants. Ideally, it will force you to stop, sit and relax.

Crank up the music: It doesn't matter whether you choose the Beatles of Beethoven- clear the floor, turn up the volume and let it rip. Losing yourself in music- and, better yet, dancing to it- is a great full-body stress reliever.

Treat yourself: Whether you enjoy spoiling yourself with a haircut, a cup of coffee and your favorite magazine or sneaking in a midday movie, doing something that's pure pleasure for you is a great way to decompress and de-stress.

If you are one to stress a little more than you probably should, like me, take a couple of these helpful hints and try them out. I'm a pretty big fan of the vino and music ideas myself :)
[1ED0242DD395DC31A8FE485DF659EF3E.png]
*Note- these tips are all straight from the article:
50 Quick Stress Cures, Ladies Home Journal, April 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment