- Moved to Huntsville with friend of 10+ years, Kristin.
- Started teaching @ Huntsville in August. Twenty-one 7 & 8 year olds. 8 hours a day. Oh my.
- Learned quickly that teaching 2nd grade is quite a challenge...
- A challenge that has included many laughs and lots of tears. [They don't tell you so much about the tears in all those education classes.]
- My new proximity to The Woodlands shopping has definitely affected my bank balance.
- The discovery that Huntsville is surprisingly similar to Palestine, with the only true difference being Target- which also consumes much of my paycheck.
- Many weekends spent out of Huntsville in Palestine, Rockwall, College Station & Dallas.
- One amazing (although sadly short) trip to Florida to see my wonderful cousin marry the love of his life :)
- Key West probably deserves a post of it's own with pictures so instead of elaborating now I will save it... You know, give ALL those readers something to look forward to ha ;)
- Now that I am at bullet 10, I'm starting to think it's a little sad that I can fit most of my noteworthy thoughts and events from 5 months into 10 fragmented bullets. Bet I can finish the list in 15 or less.
- Thank goodness Huntsville elected a calendar with a week off for Thanksgiving. Got to see my sweet girls, Amber & Morgan, and their handsome men. And yes, I know what some of you are thinking... that would make me the 5th wheel, a position I have come to accept and love because I have the BEST best friends.
- An amazing birthday present from my sister- Andrea Bocelli (world famous Italian tenor, sings "The Prayer" with Celine Dion) concert tickets. Which will probably also get it's own post because it was a pretty interesting night. Amazing will sum it up for now.
- Bullet 13 now almost has us up to speed- Christmas break time. Whoever thought teachers needed 2 weeks off, I would like to thank you. It has been rejuvenating. While I am absolutely dreading tomorrow morning, any more than 2 weeks probably would have been too much.
- That same friend of 10+ years, Kristin, got ENGAGED! We get to spend the next 6 months living together for the last time (we have lived together 2 different times) and playing and planning her WEDDING!!
- 15 bullets or less, done.
I don't like to have New Year's Resolutions- it always kind of feels like a setup to fail... However, am a fan of goals. So, I'll say it will be my goal to blog maybe once or twice a week. Maybe. We'll see :)

No comments:
Post a Comment