Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Negligence

So obviously I have been a negligent blogger. It's been a MONTH since the last time I wrote anything. Oopsie :)

Let's see... what has happened since June 20...

1. Haha have some funny stories about Ohio trip with Mom and Dad- pictures coming later!

- Went with Mom and Dad to Ohio:
- Rode baby 36 passenger plane with duct tape above my head
- Walked down the airplane stairs like you see on movies, haha
- Got to see the sweetest baby girls (Avery and Olivia) for a few days
- Went fishing on the Ohio River... dad caught a pair of pants ha
- Went to the memorial for the Sept 11 Flight 93
- Went to a wood carving museum. Don't ask :)
- Saw The Proposal and love, loved it!
- Weather was perfect all week. Highs in the 70's and 80's = bliss
- Saw cute little nuns in the Houston airport
- Flew back to Tyler on teeny, tiny plane, no duct tape this time.
- Back in Texas the first week of July, wayyyy too hot

2. Finally feeling more settled about Baylor in the fall. I now have a place to live with 3 other girls and have a schedule. I am a very high-stress girl so having all of my fall plans up in the air for a while has been killing me, so now I feel like I can breathe a little easier. I'm taking Introduction to Clinical Audiology, Anatomy and Physiology (Comm Sciences & Disorders directed), Clinical Methods, and Introduction to Phonological Sciences. I have a little hint of what each class is going to entail but I am going into all of this pretty blind. Say a prayer- actually, scratch that... say a BUNCH of prayers! I am excited about this part of my life, since it is going to lead me to what I want to do for the rest of my life... I'm just very anxious!

3. Mom went on this huge redecorating binge and now our front rooms have had a face-lift. We spent a whole day texturing the walls of our entry hall, then a whole day painting it. Lesson learned for the future: I will pay to have that kind of stuff done, I just don't have the patience. I will say, though, it does look good. We also had to paint our entire huge dining room/office area. I'm convinced I inhaled way too many paint fumes!

So that isn't exactly ALL that has happened, but those are the general highlights! Skip ahead to present day...

Well today my sweet friends, Megan and Jacob Taylor, have been married for a month! And I finally got to see their apartment, it's perfect! I think my words were "Aww y'all are grown-ups!" haha, clearly I am not. I'm just so happy for them!

More good news, got a phone call about 30 minutes ago, my amazing best friend, Miss Storm (soon to be Mrs. Wlazlowski) got a J-O-B!!! She is the newest 3rd grade teacher at Whitehouse ISD. I am thrilled for her and know she will be great! Now my two sweet girls, Morgan and Amber, are both third grade teachers... maybe I should ditch the grad school idea and join the club?!

That about sums it all up. Now that I have written a novel maybe it will teach me to be a better blogger. I'll try :)

No comments:

Post a Comment