Oh my goodness, almost six hours after the reception and I am still so very excited for two of my sweetest friends! Today, my precious friend since the 8th grade went from being Megan Hinson to Megan Taylor and I could not be happier for her (and for Jacob too)!The past couple of days leading up to the big day today have been a whirlwind; full of tears and laughs and tons of hugs :) It is hard, even now, to put into words the emotions and thoughts that have surrounded this wedding, so I have no idea where this post is going... kind of like my little impromptu speech at the rehearsal dinner, haha!
Well to put it simply, Megan and Jacob are amazing and I feel so blessed to be able to call them both friends. Megan and I have the kind of friendship that is pure and true. I say this because she is one of the few people on Earth I feel like I can really be myself with and there is something so safe to our friendship- I know that even if we haven't had the chance to really talk to each other in a while, we can always pick up wherever we stopped last... I can only think of maybe a handful of people that I have that type of relationship with so Megan is definitely in the bff category :) She is someone I look up to and honestly admire for some many reasons. She is a great example, not just for me, but for every one that knows her. Jacob is not lacking in this area either, though. He is a sweet, sweet man of God that has such a great love for my friend. I have enjoyed spending time with both of them throughout high school (not dating yet) and in the earlier years of college (almost dating) and of course have loved seeing the two of them get to this point and be around for the dating, engagement, and now wedding!! I will never forget the day Megan came into the apartment (while living with me during summer school 2008) with a great big grin on her face and said two words: "I'M ENGAGED"!! And a year after that, I am still just as excited for Megan and Jacob!
Anyway, long story short: I am thrilled for them and can't wait to see what is in store for their future together! I am so blessed by these two and am so thankful for the chance to be a part of their big day! I love you both, Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Taylor!!
No comments:
Post a Comment