Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A

Recently I started working as a tutor at an after school program at a local YMCA in Waco. I mainly work with babies from 4-7 years old and let me just say, the things they say and ask are ridiculous. I have this same conversation with a 4 year old little boy pretty much every single day. (Fyi, he can't say my name so it comes out as Miss Embily)

Him: Miss Embily, you got a boyfriend?

Me: Nope.

Him: Ummm why not?!

Me: Just because.

Him: You got a husband?

Me: No.

Him: (long sigh) Well do you got kids?

Me: No, I'm too young!

Him: Nu-uh, you is reeaallly old.

Awesome. Not only does he have a problem with me not having a boyfriend, but I am also apparently really old. You can't help but love the little 4 year old mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment