Parents show up, sugar loaded cupcakes are given, Capri Suns are stabbed (after several attempts) and chaos ensues. My once quiet obedient little rule followers begin talking with their mouths full, making ungodly messes and look at you with teeth and tongue icing stained smiles. Chaos.
And today we had a birthday.
In all fairness, this one really was not bad at all. One of my sweet and precious little girls turned 8.
{Side note: this baby girl is such a cute little "Stepford Student". Her favorite day of the week is Monday because she gets to come back to school and she hates Fridays because it means she has to stay home for the weekend and miss school. This is not a suck up tactic, these feelings have been verified by her mom. I love her.}
So anyway... most parents are kind enough to consider teachers in their cupcake head count and while it is always appreciated, as often as I can I try to practice self control and say thanks, but no thanks to the sugary sweets. When I was offered my treat today, I politely said no thank you and informed Mom (who I know well) that I was trying to be good and not cheat with the unhealthies. As I was saying this, a child who generally does not pay attention to me, must have turned her hearing up over Spring Break because this was her speedy interjection,
"Ms. Steel, you need to loosen up. Have a cupcake!"
Haha loosen up. I know it may not be as funny to some as it is to me, but this is stuff you just could not make up. Out of the mouths of babes.
No comments:
Post a Comment