It's a gross feeling, if you ask me, to feel like you are literally stuck. Whether you are stuck in a job, stuck in a relationship, stuck in a living situation, or just plain stuck in life in general, it is not enjoyable.
I've got a lot swirling around in this little head of mine- and if you know me, you know that I dwell, and dwell, and dwell on things until I have just about worked myself into a panic attack. Yes, I know, not normal or good. I have this overwhelming feeling of "stuckness" {yeah, not a word} and the worst part about that feeling is that you are in that rut because you just don't know how to get out of it at the moment. It's as simple as that. If I knew how to be unstuck, I would take care of it quickly. So it just hit me like a ton of bricks and it comes down to this....
Matthew 6:25-27
25 "So I tell you, don't worry about the food or drink you need to live, or about the clothes you need for your body. Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothes.26 Look at the birds in the air. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, but your heavenly Father feeds them. And you know that you are worth much more than the birds. 27You cannot add any time to your life by worrying about it."
That's it. No ifs, ands, or buts. He's got it covered. Verse 27 is something I need to be reminded of daily... hourly. I know that worrying does nothing but take away from the life that I should be living. Every second I spend in worry is a second I could have used more wisely. Y'all that know me know that this is probably the hardest thing for me- to let go of the worry. I am working on it. And let me tell you, it is a slow and painful process and I often take one step forward and 19 steps backward but I will keep trying.
As I read back through this post, I realize I have rambled a little and I'm not quite sure that I actually made a point of any sort but really I wanted to write this more for myself than anything else. I wanted to get it out of my head and written down so that I would have this as a reminder to myself that I know He is in control of all things- as much as I would like to think I have control. And that the constant worry and anxiety that I bring upon myself is doing nothing but taking away time from a life that I should be living more freely.
I'm going to throw in a few of my favorite little quotey-quote findings on Pinterest that seem to really fit so well with all of these little stirrings in my head and heart. So, here ya go...
*Click images for links back to sources.



No comments:
Post a Comment