Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

$2.99/lb

Before I was introduced to the habit-forming goodness that is a Honeycrisp apple, I would have never even considered spending $2.99 a pound on apples- that logic is completely lost when it comes to these.

I tell myself all sorts of things to make me feel better about the buyers remorse that follows an almost $6.00 purchase: "It's okay to spend money on fruit, it's good for you", or "If I cut out Dr. Pepper for the fall months, it will all even out", or "They are so big they are practically a meal, so really I'm saving money"... Whatever I can think of to lessen the blow. Eventually I give up on the justifications and surrender. Yes, they are that good.

If you haven't had one, go now. They are only available for a tiny window of time starting now. There is no warning for their disappearance, so get them now. If you take issue with the price here are a few hints: 1. Do not weigh them. They are huge. You don't want to know. Just quickly put them in the bag and continue. 2. Distract yourself at the checkout. Do not do self check when you have these with you. I'm telling you, you don't want to know. Make yourself preoccupied when it's your turn. Read a tabloid. Buy gum. Clean out your wallet. Do anything but look at the screen.

Okay, now seriously, go get at least one. There is no way you can't love it. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment